Advanced Process Engineer
Collaborate with Knapheide Product Engineering and suppliers in developing new product processes that support new product designs. Continually seeks new technologies to integrate into the manufacturing process to improve product quality, cost or plant productivity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Prepares manufacturing readiness plans for new product design programs.
- Determines if product design concepts fit within the established fabrication and assembly process. If not, develops new processes that will be used to produce the new product.
- Actively participates in new product development projects and early prototype builds.
- Develops plant layout, equipment and tooling requirements for new product designs.
- Stays abreast of latest manufacturing technologies.
- Manages equipment acquisition projects and new plant startups.
- Transfer of learned process knowledge to plant engineering team.
Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (Industrial / manufacturing or Mechanical).
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in forming, welding, assembly and finishing.
- Familiarity with advanced manufacturing methods, especially aluminum or other lightweight material processes.
- Proficiency with Solidworks or other solid modeling program, and MS Office products.
- Tool or equipment design.
- Adhesive bonding processes.
- Project management and plant layout experience.
- Professional Society membership.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
The ability to walk and perform normal lifting and bending. Must be able to verbally communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Capable of working in an industrial manufacturing environment in proximity to sources of noise, weld flash, and metal dust. Must have good critical reasoning, organization, and mechanical skills. Overnight travel 10% to 25%.
Personal Characteristics Required:
- Self starter – actively seeks continuous improvement in the organization
- High degree of engagement in enterprise - reaches across organizational boundaries to solve problems
- Capable of generating and managing own work load independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage risk and uncertainty and resolve ambiguity
- Drives completion to projects / solutions to problems
- Ability to learn independently and bring knowledge and ability into the organization.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates may submit a resume in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org:
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.