The primary purpose is to procure the requirements as specified for our Fleet and Truck Pool customer orders. It will encompass all aspects of procurement responsibilities to support this segment of our business. The individual will assist in other purchasing activities as time permits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interact with the Fleet and Truck Pool Departments as relates to required material specifications. Due to lead times, timely communication is required.
- Set up and maintain a data base of specified items that can be used for future quotation and price analysis.
- Negotiate cost effective decisions based on volumes or value added.
- Follow through with suppliers to insure on-time delivery without shortages or back orders. (This may require direct shipment to the installer).
- Handle all adjustments or correspondence with vendors as relates to quality, non-conforming, obsolete or slow-moving material.
- Manage inventory levels to support the customer’s requirements or changes.
- Must be able to perform all purchasing activities as a buyer in a manufacturing environment.
Bachelor’s degree or related work experience preferred in a business related field. Three to five years experience in materials, preferably both material planning and purchasing with utilization of computerized systems. Position requires an understanding of manufacturing operations, MRPII. Accounting and PC skills are a must. The individual will need to be knowledgeable of the material flow from the initial quotation through point of use at the installer. Must be able to manage multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment. Requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience in use of spreadsheets and word processing software is a plus. Must be detail- oriented with accuracy as a priority.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should use the "Click To Apply" link to submit a resume in complete confidence.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.