Develop, test, implement and support applications used both inside and outside the organization. Gather information concerning a user’s business needs, design efficient system enhancements that meet those needs, and coordinate implementation of those changes. Duties include writing program specifications. Position will require on-going application support and work outside of normal business hours including on-call support.
- Write, test, and document the necessary code to implement approved computer programming requests.
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of coding.
- Attend training courses and conferences recommended by management.
- Perform program maintenance and problem resolution as assigned.
- Test and debug programs
- Consult with users during development, testing and deployment of applications
- Provide accurate time estimates for the duration of the projects and strive to complete them as estimated.
- Operational programming - single purpose applications, dashboards, reporting, charting, application feature additions and application modifications.
- Application programming - sophisticated applications encompassing one or more business processes
- Associate’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Overall well-developed programming skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- A basic understanding of business processes
- Relational database systems such as MySQL and MSSQL and a working knowledge of SQL
- Full understanding of the Knapheide development stack and development environment
- Version Control (SVN)
- Client side templates (Handlebars)
- PHP Templates (Twig)
- ORM (Doctrine)
- PHP Framework (Knapheide Framework, Silex)
- RESTful APIs
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should use the "Click To Apply" link to submit a resume in complete confidence.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.