Logistics Coordinator - Knapheide Truck Equipment Company, Louisville, KY
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible to coordinate the day-to-day logistics activities for inbound and outbound transportation.
Position Expectation Statements:
This person is responsible for overseeing the shipping and receiving of all vehicles at the facility. This position ensures that all associated forms and paperwork are correct and filed appropriately to manage and facilitate smooth, uninterrupted, cost effective receiving of truck chassis’ and deliveries of KTEC finished products to the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Facilitating the shipping of finished trucks to the customer location.
- Arrange transportation, scheduling drivers and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand.
- Ensure that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to documented processes; plan transportation routes and payloads, select mode of transportation, and tender the order for transportation.
- Review inventory position against outstanding orders and sales forecasts; take action to expedite inbound shipments to meet customer demands.
- Communicate with and schedule drivers for delivery of goods to customers out of the facility.
- Ensure shipments are in compliance with all safety and environmental rules and regulations and company policies.
- Audit freight payables information and provide supporting documentation.
- Input freight rates and assist with database maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- Work safely in a production environment wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to interact with others.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn.
Preferred Training and Experience:
- Need good mathematical aptitude and organizational skills to work at a high level of accuracy.
- One year of factory-related experience in shipping and/or receiving.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Logistics coordination is highly valued.
- Ability to obtain detailed knowledge of services and technical applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and understand connections.
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and organized work area.
- Normal standing, walking, bending and twisting as necessary to perform job duties.
- Exposed to normal seasonal temperatures.
- Lifting/moving up to 50 pounds
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with software programs used in this job preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates may submit a resume in complete confidence to email@example.com:
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.