Manufacturing engineer for aluminum products fabrication and assembly. Position requires the individual to support end-to-end operations across all process steps in the creation of the product. Must be self-starting and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process control assembly operation, industrial cleaning systems, paint systems and weld processes.
- Maintenance of process documentation. Establish process KPIs and set up control systems.
- Troubleshooting, direction of maintenance personnel and equipment suppliers during line stoppages.
- Fixture and assembly aid design and integration.
- Setup of Point of Use (POU) logistics systems for finish and trim operations.
- Engage product engineering with design related issues and drive them to closure. Enforce good design for manufacturability principles.
- Evaluate and process Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) in PDM. Identify design impacts to manufacturing operations and take appropriate action.
- Project Management and new products integration. Develop and qualify new processes and tooling.
- Training of operations staff.
- Lead customer groups on tours of the factory.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Associate’s degree with experience in tooling design preferred.
- Familiarity with manufacturing methods with a strong emphasis on welding, finishing, and assembly of aluminum products.
- Solidworks or comparable solid modeling program, and MS Office.
- Ability to learn new processes and apply concepts rapidly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate progress to management.
- Black / Green Belt, Jonah, DFSS or other Continuous Improvement experience.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking or lifting ability associated with a manufacturing environment. Capable of working in an industrial manufacturing environment in proximity to sources of noise, weld flash, and metal dust. Must be capable of communicating verbally with individuals at all levels of the organization and have good critical reasoning, organization, and mechanical skills.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should use the "Click To Apply" link to submit a resume in complete confidence.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.