Parts Counter Specialist - Knapheide Truck Equipment Company, Louisville, KY
This person will be responsible to support Knapheide’s customer service activities. In this role, the person will be expected to handle sales and parts requests for walk in and call in customers, manage warranty and service requests, and help organize and manage the parts department and parts warehouse.
Position Expectation Statements:
As a result of these requirements, this person will need to work with production to schedule service requests and to handle parts transactions. Additionally, this job will require strong organizational skills, good written and excellent verbal communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate, receive, and support customer parts requests.
- Handle service counter traffic, fill customer orders, and schedule warranty service work.
- Document transactions that occur with customers in a manner that assures proper follow up and achieves customer satisfaction.
- Assist the materials department with the project to label all parts and improve the organization in the parts department.
- Work with the production team to assure that they can obtain the parts that they need from the parts department in a timely manner. This may include updating inventory systems to reflect parts usage on particular jobs.
- Order parts and manage inventory as requested by the Materials Manager
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely in a production environment wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required.
- Ability to interact with others.
- Ability to plan, work, and communicate well with others
- Excellent phone skills needed
- Intense attention to detail
- Some lifting and moving of parts is required
- Ability to confront and resolve problems effectively
Preferred Training and Experiences:
- Previous experience in a parts department, customer service or sales role
- Previous experience in the truck equipment or similar industry
- Personal computer skills / data collection skills
- Fork Truck Operators License
- Normal standing, walking, bending and twisting as necessary to perform job duties.
- Use of hand tools
- Exposed to normal seasonal temperatures.
- Lifting/moving up to 75 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and standard hours of work Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. through 2:30 p.m.
High School Diploma or GED
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates may submit a resume in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org:
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.