Plans, directs, coordinates and controls activities of workers engaged in the storage and movement of parts or assemblies by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance to all safety/environmental regulations.
- Enforces and promotes safety requirements by observation and directing departmental employees.
- Supports weld management program by addressing concerns raised from daily shift reports or other means.
- Compliance to all quality standards. Monitors employees to assure quality standards are being met.
- Follows production schedules and works closely with production departments to assure parts availability to assembly lines.
- Promotes and maintains a positive department environment through communication with employees, consistent application of policies/guidelines and participative management techniques.
- Controls cost for safety supplies, hand tools and other budget line items as assigned.
- Releases maintenance requests as needed for operational and safety issues.
- Accurately and timely complete time and attendance, accident investigation and first injury reports.
- Acts as a leader in continuous improvement for their department by identifying improvement opportunities, leading events such as Kaizen projects and making management presentations on improvement opportunities.
- Audit part location to ensure wanding is being done to put parts on location.
- Audit kits to ensure they are complete. Take appropriate corrective action if not.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Must have a minimum of a high school diploma- college degree preferred. Manufacturing experience preferred. Experience in material handling, record keeping, inventory control and receiving of material a plus. Must have basic computer and problem solving skills. The ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization is required. Must be able to utilize the appropriate management systems such as the AS400. Must have regular attendance.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Must have the ability to move up and down the line and into work stations. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other reports. Must have good communication skills. Lifting up to 50 lbs is routine. Squatting, bending and stooping may be necessary.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates may submit a resume in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org:
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.