Individual is the key contact after entry of customer order until completion and shipment. Utilizing system and other tools, they will provide appropriate priorities on the shop floor to meet customer requirements and guidelines established by the company for production. Their responsibility encompasses all planning and scheduling activities from fabrication through final completion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedule and release all shop orders required to meet customer requests
- Provide sufficient capacity be entering tentative orders as place holders awaiting engineering release, PMO’s or for stock build
- Prepare and maintain effective assembly through daily updates with respective coach and review of schedule
- Review shortage and expedite through all manufacturing operations to meet shop order completions when applicable
- Capacity recommendations to maintain valid schedule through proposed overtime or manpower
- Review and monitor established stocking levels and customer lead time
- Timely response to EDO process through all levels such as material, purchase, and manufacturing to provide valid date
- Review and release of planned orders through MRP bi-weekly
- Review reschedule and other action items from MRP to maintain valid priorities on the shop floor
- Release and follow through for preliminaries, “hot orders”, required through request of shop floor, engineering order modifications, ECO process or customer request
- Interface with raw material buyer and coordinator providing assembly schedule along with updates affecting raw material requirements
- Review and action to daily AS400 reports including Oversold, Cancellation, Past Due and variety related to inventory control
- Interaction with Order Entry, Fleet and Truck Pool Departments for inquiries, customer requests, cancellations, and order delays
- Adherence and support for ISO 9001 program
- Inventory control through processing RGA, cycle counts inclusive of reconciliations, inventory adjustments through shortages, projects
- Review and appropriate changes to MRP parameters, replenishment systems and minimum balances
- Support and attend meeting requests
- Monitor and update load listing daily. Investigate and expedite as needed to support on time delivery for the customer
Individual must have good working knowledge of MRP and other systems such as PC. Needs good mathematical aptitude, organizational skills and be able to work at a high level of accuracy while performing several functions concurrently. It is necessary to understand flow on shop floor to be able prioritize most urgent requirements. NEEDS good problem solving and communication skills to interact with office and shop floor personnel. College graduate preferred.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should use the "Click To Apply" link to submit a resume in complete confidence.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.