Quality Technician 3rd Shift
To assure that quality requirements are established, recognized and adhered to within the given department. He/she will be required to provide quality/process control measurements, provide analysis of that data and make improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs inspections of products to assure compliance with our engineering prints, manufacturing procedures and quality standards.
- Conducts audits and performs troubleshooting of processes to assure they are conforming to company specifications and customer expectations. Also coordinate corrections if necessary.
- Assists operators in first-piece inspections.
- Assist with the training of employees on quality requirements.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality and reliability.
- Assist teams with measuring, charting and reporting on quality levels.
Candidate must demonstrate superior product knowledge and print reading skills along with the ability to use measuring devices. Basic understanding of quality principles and theories is required. Must successfully complete a 24-hour Weld Training course and be Level 2 certified in both MT & VT non destructive testing. Must have the ability to gather data. Communicating effectively both one-on-one and with cross-functional groups is a necessity. Ideal applicant with possess the ability to organize work and keep records (some computer skills required). Must have good leadership skills and be willing to accept responsibility. Flexibility in work schedule is a necessity. Candidate must be available for movement to alternative shifts as needed to provide training, maintain quality and operator follow-up. Quality Tech hours may overlap other shifts.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking and lifting associated with an office environment. Must be able to verbally communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should use the "Click To Apply" link to submit a resume in complete confidence.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.