Quality Technician II, Knapheide Truck Equipment Center, Wentzville, MO
This person will be responsible for planning and directing activities relating to maintaining the Knapheide Quality System.
Position Expectation Statements:
The primary objectives of this position will be to maintain the Knapheide Quality Management System and supervise the Quality Control auditing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate quality issues and determine root cause and corrective action.
- Participate in shop order reviews and request changes as needed.
- Create Installation Quality Check lists and QC Audit Check lists for each job order
- Maintain the Knapheide Weld Program including weld training, NDT testing, weld certifications and auditing.
- Assist in the creation of Knapheide Quality Standards
- Perform training on Knapheide Quality Standards.
- Supervise Quality Technicians responsible for the QC Audit processes.
- Creation and communication of Quality Alerts.
- Monitoring quality metrics for trends and determining actions for the reduction of quality defects.
- Assure that the completed product meets Knapheide quality standard for form, fit and function of the completed units.
- Assist in communicating quality issues throughout the organization in order to prevent further occurrences.
- Work safely in a production environment wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required.
- Special assignments as directed.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to interact with others.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn.
Candidate must demonstrate superior product knowledge and print reading skills along with the ability to use measuring devices. Two-year technical degree or equivalent training and work experience is required. Communicating effectively both one-on-one and with cross-functional groups is a necessity. Ideal applicant with possess the ability to organize work and keep records (some computer skills required). Must have good leadership skills and be willing to accept responsibility. Flexibility in work schedule is a necessity.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should use the "Click To Apply" link to submit a resume in complete confidence.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.