Responsible for shipping/receiving material accurately and in conjunction with established quality and shipping guidelines. The individual will support the clerical functions in the shipping/receiving departments as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in shipping of material for accuracy: this activity is inclusive of returned goods and out sourced items.
- Communicate material shortages and quality problems to those affected
- Assist with shipping by coordinating product availability with ship dates
- Communicate with PIC and order entry personnel for shipping discrepancies for loads
- Assist in maintaining the load board
- Coordinate transfers to and from outsource suppliers
- Check for accuracy on pick list prior to forwarding to accounting
- Assist with inventory control and cycle counting operations
- Issue parts requests to main plant
- Compile and print pick list
- Review shop orders for completion
- Maintain part shortage list/follow-up
- Audit of warehouse locations for inventory accuracy
Candidate must possess good mathematical aptitude and organizational skills to work at a high level of accuracy. Must have good working knowledge of inventory transactions and possess PC skills. Individual needs good problem solving and communication skills to interact with personnel at all levels. Must have the aptitude to learn the AS400 operating system. Familiar with Microsoft office including word and excel. Effectively communicate via email and telephonic communications.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking and lifting in an office environment. Must have the ability to communicate at all levels and the ability to function in a dynamic environment while performing multiple tasks.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.