Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs continuous audits of all welding areas to assure compliance with our welding procedures, practices and quality standards.
- Participates in welder qualification testing.
- Supports Quality function by performing audits and print conformance checks.
- Conducts and organizes weld training courses, both lab and classroom.
- Conducts audits and performs troubleshooting of welding equipment to assure it is performing to specifications and coordinate repairs if necessary.
- Identifies welding safety issues that need corrected and initiates corrections.
- Coordinates shift report summaries and weekly reports.
- Assists welders in machine setup and changeover.
- Develops, qualifies and writes welding methods and procedures.
- Participates in the design, building, and auditing of welding templates and fixtures.
- Assist in identifying and completing welding productivity improvement projects.
- Work with production welders to troubleshoot weld process problems.
- Demonstrate superior welding skills.
- Must communicate effectively both one-on-one and with cross functional groups.
- Ability to organize work and keep records (some computer skills required).
- Must be flexible in work schedule and available for periodic movement to alternative shifts as needed to provide training, maintain quality, and operator follow-up.
- Must successfully complete a two-week Internal Weld Trainer training course.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.