The individual will perform entry-level purchasing functions and assist Buyers as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain purchase order confirmations
- Contact suppliers for tracking on open orders
- Update delivery dates on orders in the system and communicate updates to the Buyers
- Issue purchase orders
- Gathering packing slips for delivered product outside Knapheide Manufacturing and receive product in the AS400
- Assist Buyers with projects as needed
- Inventory control duties: physical cycle counts and reconciliation
- Maintain records and adherence to ISO 9001 program
- Support and attend meeting requests
- Performs other duties, assignments, and special projects as requested
- Assist with E-Commerce website data updates
- Work at a high level of accuracy while performing in a dynamic environment
- Mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- College degree preferred
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking, lifting in an office environment. Ability to verbally communicate at all levels. Ability to function in a dynamic environment. Site visits for suppliers may be required at times.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.