Review of raw material which consists of requisitioning, allocation, receiving and issuing of material for production of fabricated parts. Assists Purchasing department in the procurement and supports the shop floor as relates to raw material.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review raw material of fabrication shop orders and make substitutions as required.
- Procurement and expediting of material through vendor
- Enter bill of material for “generic” items
- Continue review of raw material for accuracy which includes periodic cycle counts and reconciliation
- Recommend material size changes based on usage and material utilization.
- Grouping of shop orders for best material utilization and efficiency
- Work closely with fabrication employees on effectively using material and appropriate inventory transactions
- Communicate material shortages and quality problems to those affected (planners, supervisors, purchasing and shop personnel)
- Support and attendance of assigned CGI teams
Must have working knowledge of MRP and other systems such as PCs. Needs good mathematical aptitude organizational skills and be able to work at a high level of accuracy while performing several functions concurrently. Needs good problem solving and communication skills to interact between shop floor and office personnel. College graduate preferred.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking and lifting of an office environment. Ability to communicate at all levels and to function in a dynamic environment is required.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.