Purchase goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met considering price, quality, and delivery to ensure continuous supply. It will encompass all aspects of procurement responsibilities to support this segment of our business. The individual will assist in other purchasing activities as time permits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct interaction with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery without shortages or back orders. (This will require direct shipment to the installer)
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other Knapheide departments on purchasing processes, new projects, and supplied product programs
- Negotiate cost effective decisions based on volumes, product content or value analysis
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communication
- Monitor and advise on any supply issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization
- Interact with the Fleet and Truck Pool Departments as relates to required material specifications
- Handle all adjustments or correspondence with suppliers as relates to quality, non-conforming, obsolete or slow-moving material
- Manage inventory levels to support the customer’s requirements or changes
- Inventory control and cycle counting functions
- Work closely with others in the procurement function for continuous improvements
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Must be able to perform all purchasing activities as a buyer in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in a business related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in material planning or purchasing with MRP/ERP system.
- Understanding of manufacturing operations desired.
- Computer skills a must with focus in MRP/ERP, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be detail- oriented with accuracy as a priority.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking, lifting in an office environment. Ability to verbally communicate with individuals.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.