The purpose of this position is to work within the Chassis Management group to maintain the proper chassis inventory and to insure that pool chassis are allocated and reassigned in a timely matter.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for interacting with chassis manufacturer’s requirements, constraints, and other issues and providing feedback to pool locations.
- Responsible for forecasting needs for pool locations.
- Responsible for establishing chassis stocking levels and maintaining inventory for pool locations.
- Monitor held chassis and aged chassis inventory.
- Monitor and track inbound and past due chassis inventory.
- Enter all truck pool chassis’ into AS400, including customer supplied.
- Retrieve status daily and weekly reports from OEMs and update the data in AS400.
- Obtain Invoices from Mfg. sites and post to AS400.
- Reassign units into dealer/distributor pool inventory and handle all post-reassignment issues.
- Administration of OEM Open Build programs.
- Monitor all freight re-entry and ship-thru units until returned to traffic.
- Reconcile chassis inventory at all pool locations.
- Assist with OEM audits.
- Various other duties as required.
Successful candidate will have experience with Microsoft Excel and have the ability to be trained in using other systems utilized by OEMs and other vendors/manufacturers. Must have ability to enter data accurately. Need to have general mechanical aptitude which will assist in a basic understanding of how chassis specifications and up-fit requirements affect one-another. Must have strong writing skills and effective communication skills that will include communicating technical information. Must have good analytical, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills. Two or four-year college degree preferred.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to handle multiple tasks accurately at one time. The ability to communicate via phone and internet is required. Office environment.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.