Position Purpose: The Fleet Sales Manager maintains and expands current relationships with strategically important large customers and hunts new strategically important large customers. Assigned to a geographic territory, the FSM is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The FSM represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company. The FSM reports to the Director of Fleet and Sector Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Understand how changes in the way customers are doing business may require new products or solutions.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of competitors.
- Communicate with those responsible for customer fulfillment and solve problems quickly for accounts.
- Responsible for expense and sales call reporting within guidelines.
- Provide a constructive team attitude and atmosphere in working with all Knapheide employees.
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated strategic accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Reports to the Director of Fleet and Sector Sales.
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- Works closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities in specific customers.
Position Skill and Educational background:
- Four year college degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Candidate must be experienced in sales with a successful track record.
- People, communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Strong organizational and computer skills also required.
- Candidate must be dependable, proactive and willing to follow up on all issues.
- The ability to influence others is a required skill.
- Candidate must have a high level of integrity to adhere to corporate values.
- Extensive travel will be required by car and plane.
- Physical ability to travel with luggage and navigate airports and mass transit.
- Sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, and reaching with hands and/or arms.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.