Responsible for quotation content, cost and pre-order project management based on customer request.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to interface directly with customers, suppliers and internal resources.
- Confirm chassis specification and ensure parts and installation compatibility.
- Prepare/Present quote content and layout for/to Pricing Services.
- Ensure product compatibility including but not limited to: body to chassis, mounting kits and harnesses, optional components, auxiliary equipment.
- Review installation codes ensuring that all loose parts have mounting location specified and verifying that the codes have respective time and material.
- Manage RFQ process to maintain cost for auxiliary equipment including provide and install equipment.
- Establish and maintain install locations for specific components.
- Review of discrepancies/delays/warranty issues from previous orders associated to opportunity.
- Verify shipping process and compatibility.
- Submit quote revisions and ensure accuracy of revision.
- Review conformity to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
- Attend (facilitate) design and installation review meetings when requested.
- Manage TE quote request process from the KTEC locations as well as local installs.
- Determine need for majors meeting and facilitate meeting.
- Description updates within quote system.
- Limited travel required.
- Extensive Knapheide product knowledge as well as knowledge of auxiliary equipment installed on any customer’s vehicles.
- Prefer 4 year Technical degree or 2 year Associates degree with related experience.
- Project management experience.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Products including Word and Excel.
- Must have strong communication skills.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
- Normal standing, bending, walking, lifting in an office environment.
- Ability to verbally communicate with individuals at any corporate level.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer multiple continuous hours per day
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should apply online to submit a resume in complete confidence.