Our search is for the KTEC General Manager at the newly established Chicago area facility in McHenry, IL, ideally located between the Chicago and Milwaukee metropolitan areas, serving those markets, as well as northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.
Reports to: General Manager (multi-site)
Supervises: Responsible for overseeing the recruitment and supervision of five direct reports including: Production Manager, Materials Manager, Quality Lead, Sales Manager and Office Manager. A total team of 50-60 people are employed currently with expectations to grow further.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing P&L results and all aspects of a business with wholesale/retail operations and an installation center recently acquired, and soon to be branded a Knapheide company-owned facility (KTEC), in McHenry, IL. This particular facility not only distributes, installs and services truck equipment, but also has significant trailer and snow & ice equipment sales. The selected candidate will initially work with Knapheide corporate leadership to establish ownership, transitioning the organization to a KTEC facility, and thereafter in managing sales, final assembly and finishing operations, and further establishing a footprint in the region. Customers include municipalities, regional and local utilities, telecom companies, end users of trailers, and other users of the capital equipment products manufactured by the parent. Exemplary quality, on-time delivery, and customer focus are key measures of success for all company-owned locations.
A Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering, or related is required and an MBA is desirable. Candidates should possess ten or more years’ progressive work experience in all aspects of plant or site management in a production environment involving metal fabrication and general mechanical assembly operations. A strong systems background involving supply chain/materials management, scheduling, implementing “Lean” concepts, and utilizing metrics are essential to success. Demonstrated sales and customer service experience is required. The selected candidate must be a team builder and team player with strong leadership skills. Additionally, it is expected that candidates will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in building an operating plan, managing a P&L, and achieving cost efficiency and bottom-line results.
- A strong systems background in shop floor scheduling, supply chain/materials management, and spread sheet analytics; experience and competency using all Microsoft Office applications is expected.
- A background in managing shop floor operations with demonstrated experience in 6S, Lean Manufacturing, or other formal productivity improvement programs.
- A proactive orientation to customer service, and experience participating in business development, sales management, and large account support.
- Experience in implementing sound safety practices and a safety culture.
- Production and/or site management experience in business sectors involving distribution of capital equipment.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills, excellent mentoring abilities, and a history of building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- A professional image and strong work ethic, in addition to demonstrated management and organizational abilities, good communication and listening skills, and a highly flexible, “hands-on” approach to the workplace.
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should apply online to submit a resume in complete confidence.