Responsible for supporting all areas of the company’s PC and peripheral devices. This position provides first and second level support to end users, using the internal Help Desk Ticket System, by researching and answering questions, resolving problems, and documenting the solution to the resolved problem. Problem resolution will include equipment repair and will require individual, hands-on help. Problem resolution may involve creative thinking and the use of diagnostic and testing tools. This position is part of an on-call rotation and may require work outside of normal business hours. This position may require occasional travel.
- Second level help desk support
- Provide answers to users by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding users through corrective steps
- Provide single point of contact for all users reporting problems with computer operation while performing their business function
- Troubleshoot reported hardware and software problems. Perform repairs for PC’s and printers.
- Install new PC’s, printers, and software
- Install, configure, and upgrade Windows O/S and applications running on Windows.
- Train end-users on the use of devices and software
- Administer the corporate PC anti-virus program
- Provide assistance to ensure all computers are up to date with patches and updates
- Provide support to our remote locations by phone and when necessary in person
- Assist in the development of standards for the type of computer hardware and software used. Ensure standards are followed
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications
- Provide support for major business systems such as email, printing, PLM
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Two years’ experience in customer service is required. Experience in a technical support role is preferred
- Applicable certifications are a plus
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Good communication skills written, phone and in person.
- Desktop and laptop troubleshooting
- Can spec, build and deploy PCs
- Advanced printer repair and diagnostics
- Advanced support for common/modern applications (Windows, Office, etc…)
- Strong understanding of Window Server environment
- General understanding of wired and wireless networking
- Basic understanding of virtualization working with virtualized systems
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.