The Knapheide Manufacturing Company has an immediate opening for an IT Support Specialist in the Information Technology Department. This position will provide advanced end user support and critical systems support by researching and answering questions, resolving problems, and documenting the solution to the resolved problem.
Problem resolution may require individual, hands-on help at the desktop location. This position requires a dedication to quality customer service and a good working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, operating techniques, and user applications.
IT Support Specialists at Knapheide have the opportunity to work with a broad range of technology.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills / traits / credentials:
- Strong desire to learn
- Dedication to quality customer service
- Comfortable with corporate networks
- Experience working with a Microsoft Windows domain
- Perform repairs for PC’s and printers
- Install new PC’s, printers, and software.
- Ability to setup, enhance and support technology solutions within the organization
- Ability to provide technical documentation for support solutions, new systems and systems administration
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities / projects
Qualified applicant will have an Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in IT support and troubleshooting. This position requires excellent communication, time management and problem solving skills. Some travel and the ability to lift moderately heavy objects like PC’s and printers is also required.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.