To provide the KTEC facilities knowledgeable support for the project management, maintenance, and improvement of facilities related activities. Provide design and optimizing of facility layout and critical operational systems. Using strong leadership and project management skills will work alongside various professionals for the design and construction of new or remodeling of facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop standards for KTEC facilities
- Provide technical advice and suggestions for improvements on particular projects, facility and equipment specifications.
- Analyzing project costs and preparing budgets
- Lead implementation of facility expansions, new construction and system layouts leveraging established KTEC facility standards.
- Assist in development of technical drawings and engineering plans with Manufacturing Engineering as needed.
- Evaluating operational systems and facility infrastructure to ascertain and improve operational efficiency.
- Planning and coordinating infrastructure and equipment projects, maintenance schedules and activities.
- Coordinate and oversee contractor activities. (equipment maintenance, facility maintenance, etc.)
- Monitor plant layout for improvements and space savings.
- Follow up on completed projects and processes.
- Collaborates with Corporate Safety Mgr. regarding any safety concerns suspected or identified at KTEC locations.
Position normally involves 25 – 50% travel with the possibility of additional travel on occasions. Must have bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent work experience working in facility design and construction. Project Management experience required. Experience with M.I.G. welding, paint finishing, air compressors and various other equipment a plus. Associates in CAD or equivalent experience is preferred. Computer literacy is required and experience with AutoCAD, word processing and spreadsheet programs is preferred.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
The ability to walk and perform normal lifting and bending. Ability to travel via airline, automobile, train or other public transits as needed. Must have strong analytical skills, logical thinking and able to effectively communicate with industry and construction professionals.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.