This individual will lead the inventory control management strategy for the Installation Centers and Stores to ensure best practices are developed and sustained across all locations. This position will work closely with KTEC Management, at all Installation Centers and Stores.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, monitor and take action based on key performance indicators (benchmark best practices with KTEC leadership) to measure the effectiveness of the inventory management operations for each of the twenty-four and growing number of location. KPI’s include inventory turns, inventory accuracy and slow moving inventory.
- Develop inventory management strategies, processes, and procedures for the Installation Centers and Stores; to include the following:
- Lead quarterly reviews with KTEC and Corporate Supply Chain on progress and policies.
- Establish training programs for store and installation facilities; assist stores with training new material managers.
- Establish material pull systems whenever appropriate to minimize inventory levels. Determine the ideal safety stock level necessary to carry the appropriate level of inventory for each location. Establish min-max processes where appropriate.
- Establish an accurate and timely cycle counting process consistent with ERP system (currently Spokane) to validate inventory accuracy (using ABC approach) so that an annual physical inventory is no longer necessary.
- Define and implement storage plan at each location that effectively segregates local and offsite inventory for efficient and accurate job staging and physical inventory.
- Work directly with Knapheide Corporate Purchasing to determine EOQ from suppliers.
- Define and follow the best practice for managing and reducing offsite inventory and local slow-moving inventory so that cash flow can be improved.
- Ensure that materials are properly inspected, received and stored in a timely manner as defined in the receiving process.
- Manage the RGA (Returned Goods Authorization) process for all stores.
- Assist in disposition of excess inventory.
- Assist and audit in physical inventories.
- Audit stores for compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Act as liaison for KTEC materials teams in the development of portal applications and Tableau dashboards.
- Must be a leader and team builder and be able to effectively work within all levels of Knapheide.
- Develop and manage the standard practices for inventory management (including bar coding or other techniques, processes, cycle counting, and RGAs within the Knapheide Document Library.
Individual Requirements or highly recommended:
- 4 year college degree
- Desired experience in Inventory Control, Inventory Management, or Warehouse Management.
- Desired experience with lean concepts, Kanban, kaizen events and continuous improvement is preferred.
- Desired APICS certification.
- Ability to be self-guided with project and multiple facility relations
- Desired experience with advanced Microsoft Excel
- Strong collaboration background and skills
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Position must be able to travel up to 50% of the time, possess exceptional people management and team building skills.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should apply online to submit a resume in complete confidence.