Manufacturing engineer for fabrication and material handling. Position requires the individual to support operations across all process steps in the department. Must be self-starting and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design fixtures, storage racks, racking, etc. to help maintain and support the needs of the fabrication and material handling departments.
- Create and maintain layouts for current department and future expansions.
- Define, document and implement new and revised process changes to improve quality, cost, and lead time.
- Continually seek to improve the utilization of manpower, machinery, and materials.
- Train/educate employees in the correct methods for manufacturing operations.
- Process engineering change orders (ECO’s) for fabrication.
- Responsible for the purchasing and upkeep of new fabrication equipment.
- Purchases tooling and consumables for existing equipment.
- Leads teams for new operational projects.
Degree in engineering or equivalent experience required. Tool design and industrial engineering a plus. Must be familiar with manufacturing methods and have a strong emphasis on fabrication equipment and processes. SolidWorks and basic PC knowledge a must. Problem solving skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere a bonus.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking or lifting ability associated with an office environment. Must be capable of communicating verbally with individuals at all levels of the organization and have good critical reasoning, organization, and mechanical skills. Must be able to multi-task.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should apply online to submit a resume in complete confidence.