Support assembly operations with the necessary tooling and processes in an efficient and timely manner. Continually develop new processes and tooling to improve safety, quality, cost and delivery. Must be self-starting and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Define, document and implement new and changed manufacturing processes.
- Line support of assembly operations. Processes include transport, welding, coatings, and finishing.
- Responsible for the manufacturing process details; how, where, and why. Create and maintain all required process documentation.
- Specifications, designs, sourcing and project management of tooling and equipment projects.
- Gather and organize necessary data for justification of projects requiring capital investment.
- Follow all written procedures for the creation and control of fixtures, lifting and hanging devices and material handling equipment.
- Lead customer groups on tours of the factory.
- Application of advanced manufacturing engineering skills, i.e. Lean, Theory of Constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, engineering discipline preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Must be familiar with manufacturing methods and have a strong emphasis on welding, finishing, and assembly of light-gauge steel or aluminum.
- Solidworks (or other solid modeling software) and MS Office knowledge a must.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a cross functional team and communicate progress across all levels of management.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking or lifting ability associated with an office environment. Capable of working in an industrial manufacturing environment in proximity to sources of noise, weld flash, and metal dust. Must be capable of communicating verbally with individuals at all levels of the organization and have good critical reasoning, organization, and mechanical skills.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.