Support assembly operations and manufacturing engineering with the necessary tooling and processes to complete customer orders in an efficient and timely manner. Maintain and improve MRO vending operations within the plant and seek process improvements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, control, add or replace fixtures in the manufacturing engineering fixture system.
- Monitor, revise, and maintain the work instruction system.
- Perform drawing revisions per manufacturing engineer changes.
- MRO vending machine administration to include adding, removing and editing employees and items in the machines.
- Purchasing of perishable tooling and manufacturing equipment.
- Establish and maintain a tool control system focusing on tool control and commonality among the entire plant to minimize backup, and maintenance costs.
- Maintain and improve business processes that support assembly operations.
- Provide line support to engineers as needed and at management direction.
- Quality control of E-Coat burn-off process.
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Must be familiar with manufacturing methods and have a basic understanding of fabrication methods and welding and finishing of light-gauge steel.
- Autocad, Solidworks and advanced PC knowledge is a plus.
- Must have good organization skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Attention to detail and strong sense of urgency.
- AS400 or MRP / ERP experience.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking or lifting ability associated with an office environment. Capable of working in an industrial manufacturing environment in proximity to sources of noise, weld flash, and metal dust. Must be capable of communicating verbally with individuals at all levels of the organization and have good critical reasoning, organization, and mechanical skills.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should apply online to submit a resume in complete confidence.