The individual is responsible for project management, purchasing liaison and procurement requirements as specified to meet all customer needs. It is inclusive of all functions related to suppliers to ensure quality, delivery performance and cost effectiveness of product.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and continue the long term purchasing strategies with Knapheide’s expanding Distribution footprint
- Lead projects that leverage the KMAN and KTEC consolidated buying strengths
- Strategic supplier development collaborating with Engineering and Marketing (Product Managers)
- Identify & Procure products to assist Knapheide Manufacturing in meeting its capacity planning objectives
- Liaison for Purchasing and Supply Chain to all KMAN and KTEC.
- Establish supplier partnership that can benefit both parties through leveraged volume and reduced costs
- Negotiate cost effective pricing, terms, freight with supplier
- Procurement of product to meet required specifications and customer request
- Source with suppliers to meet quality expectations, lead times and cost effective
- Evaluate potential new suppliers
- Minimum of 1 year Knapheide purchasing or Production Planning experience
- Understanding of Manufacturing Processes
- Minimum or 1 year of Knapheide MRP and application systems experience
- Basic Project Management knowledge
- Self-Guided project execution
- 4 year college degree (preferred)
- Knowledge of metal fabrication operations and processes (preferred)
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking, lifting in an office environment. Ability to verbally communicate at all levels. Ability to function in a dynamic environment. Site visits for suppliers may be required at times.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.