Responsible for leading the Finishing Factory departmental teams. This position insures that teams meet regularly and are successful. This person is responsible for the daily operations of the department assigned. This position also insures that all Knapheide Manufacturing Company’s policies and procedures are followed on a daily basis. These policies relate to but are not limited to: safety programs, daily productivity goals and contractual issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all related areas operate within established departmental budgets.
- Ensure that company quality standards are met and exceeded.
- Implement and maintain safety goals and champion safety programs.
- Ensure productivity and that cost goals are met.
- Develop and encourage team building and success.
- Maintain a quality work environment within each area of responsibility.
- Facilitate daily 5-minute planning meetings.
- Continually encourage cost savings from teams and individuals.
- Implement improvements and cost reductions.
- Manage manpower to meet or exceed the performance plan.
- Instruct/train personnel in proper methods and processes.
Five years manufacturing experience preferred. Must have excellent management and people skills. Must have experience with problem solving and be able to analyze data and make decisions based on those factors. Must be computer literate in word processing and spreadsheet applications. Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Must have a high degree of commitment to the job with the objective of continually making improvements. Carry oneself with a high degree of Professionalism and be an example for your department to follow.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking or lifting ability associated with a shop floor environment. Must be able to verbally communicate with individuals. Work required overtime as directed.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should apply online to submit a resume in complete confidence.