Provide accurate and timely product designs using customer specifications and/or custom quote. Design new products and improve existing products accurately and cost effectively. Serve as a liaison to the fabrication and assembly departments, reviewing upcoming custom orders. Resolve any problems and/or questions incurred due to design error or misinterpretation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Product design consisting of detailing drawings, layout and design, bill of material generation, specification and quote reviews.
- Interface with Quotation Services as a resource for specification interpretation.
- Interface with factory personnel for design and pre-build reviews and post-build inspections.
- Attend customer specification reviews.
- Sales engineering drawings for customer approval.
- Provide plant support for engineering related opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree in drafting and design required or equivalent work experience. Must have knowledge of sheet metal processes. Must be familiar with AutoCAD, Solid Works and personal computers. Verbal and written communication ability are essential along with the capacity to interact with all levels of any organization. Must have good analytical and decision making skills and be able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.