Knapheide Truck Equipment Center in San Diego, CA has an immediate opening for a Production Team Leader.
This person is directly responsible for the assignment and coordination and/or executions of activities within the facility to ensure a productive workforce that supports that facility.
Position Expectation Statements:
The person holding this position will oversee planning and preparation of work orders for work to be performed by the respective installation and/or paint employees to ensure the plans are maintained in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. This person is responsible for the daily operations of the location as assigned. This position also insures that all Knapheide Truck Equipment Company’s policies and procedures are followed on a daily basis. These policies relate to but are not limited to, safety programs, daily productivity goals, and employee relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing work orders, assign tasks to employees.
- Ensure all related areas operate within established departmental budgets.
- Improves quality be enforcing and establishing quality systems, processes and procedures.
- Maintain safety goals and champion safety programs. Maintains an injury free and organized work environment; corrects and communicates any unsafe acts; conduct regular safety talks with employees; report all accidents/incidents promptly while conducting accident investigations and implement recommendations as needed.
- Ensure productivity and that cost goals are met by taking responsibility of the production staff and results by communicating job expectations, planning and monitoring and appraising job results.
- Develop and encourage team building and success.
- Interfaces with sales and the fleet organization to set shop priorities resolve issues and communicate build status.
- Maintain a quality work environment within each area of responsibility.
- Facilitate daily 5-minute planning meetings.
- Continually encourage cost savings and operational performance from teams and individuals through data collection.
- Implement improvements and cost reductions.
- Manage work force to meet or exceed the performance plan.
- Instruct/train personnel in proper methods and processes.
- Update attendance log
- Assists employees with questions to reduce delays.
- Ensures best practices are consistently followed throughout the shop.
- Maintains a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Work safely in a production environment wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to interact with others.
Preferred Experience and Training:
- Previous experience in the truck equipment industry or similar industry
- Previous experience working against timed job standards and a proven record of being able to meet completion standards.
- Attention to detail in every aspect of the job
- Must demonstrate strong leadership abilities along with the aptitude to work as a team.
- Troubleshooting and evaluating options to determine the best course of action.
- Excellent management and people skills.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- High degree of commitment to the job with the objective of continually making improvements.
- Normal standing, walking, bending and twisting as necessary to perform job duties.
- Use of hand tools and power tools.
- Exposed to normal seasonal temperatures.
- Lifting/moving up to 75 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and standard hours of work Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. through 2:30 p.m.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience/training preferred.
- Five years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Computer literate in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should apply online to submit a resume in complete confidence.