Ensure that all Knapheide products and processes meet high quality standards, drive continuous improvement of quality, and maintain quality records for both internal and customer use. Understand the importance of upholding quality in satisfying customer requirements; take the appropriate actions to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner and communicated to the applicable departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, improve and sustain a Quality Management System that translates organizational purpose and goals into policies, procedures (SOP) and systems.
- Internal and external interface with customers for quality issues.
- Provide the Voice of the Customer (VOC) for quality into operations, supply chain, engineering, quoting, etc.
- Drive improvements in Knapheide products, processes and systems through ongoing reactive and proactive reviews.
- Organize technical communication in order to maximize problem solving and help set up verification procedures and conditions to lessen issue repetition and provide improvements.
- Manages multiple quality related cross functional projects in lead roles
- Develops, manages and improves internal and external quality metrics
- Develops and improves process to move to quality assurance from quality control.
- Champions root cause investigation and corrective actions necessary to improve customer satisfaction.
Four-year technical degree or equivalent training and work experience. Must have the ability to gather and analyze statistical data. Communicate effectively and managing cross-functional groups is a necessity. Ideal applicant with possess the ability to organize work and keep records (some computer skills required). Must have strong leadership skills and be willing to accept responsibility. Flexibility in work schedule is a necessity.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking and lifting associated with an office environment. Must be able to verbally communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.