Ensure that all Knapheide products and processes meet high quality standards, drive continuous improvement of quality, and maintain quality records for both internal and customer use.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive change using Six Sigma Green Belt level project management through all DMAIC phases in development of new effective Quality processes including assisting Quality Technicians and/or writing quality standards and procedures.
- Facilitate, assist and execute processes and product improvements through root cause and corrective actions including initiation, verification/approval of submitted corrective actions.
- Performs inspections and audits of Knapheide products and installations to assure compliance with our engineering prints, manufacturing procedures and quality standards.
- Collaborate with Quality Tech I with training, measuring, charting and reporting.
- Performs order reviews and addresses issues before order is in shop.
- Liaise with QT II’s to ensure quality issues are being addressed and knowledge is being shared throughout the team.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner and communicated to the applicable departments.
- Maintain the Knapheide Weld Program including weld training, NDT testing, weld certifications and auditing.
- Must successfully complete a 24-hour Weld Training course and be ASME Level 2 certified in VT nondestructive testing.
- Must be willing to complete any additional training as provided and required
Preferred Experience and Training:
- Previous work in a Quality function.
- Excellent product knowledge and print reading skills along with the ability to use measuring devices.
- Must have the ability to gather and analyze statistical data
- Strong mechanical background.
- Previous experience in the truck equipment industry or similar industry
- Attention to detail in every aspect of the job
- Ability to organize work and keep records (some computer skills required).
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Two-year technical degree or 5 years equivalent work experience in a Quality function is required.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt level certification or ability to acquire the certification.
- Normal standing, walking, bending and twisting as necessary to perform job duties.
- Use of hand tools
- Exposed to normal seasonal temperatures.
- Lifting/moving up to 75 pounds
- Some travel required
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should apply online to submit a resume in complete confidence.