Responsible for receiving material accurately and in conjunction with established quality and receiving guidelines, as well as releasing steel components.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise receiving and receives raw materials for accuracy along with quality required. This activity is inclusive of raw material and sub-contract items.
- Communicate material shortages and quality problems to those affected (purchasing, Lead Steel buyer, asst. steel buyer, sub-contract buyer, shop personnel, quality technician).
- Process all required documents for receiving and inventory activities.
- Assist in established outsourcing by releasing raw material to support supplier orders along with releases of finished product to support internal schedules.
- Perform cycle counts as requested along with participation in scheduled inventory counts.
- Assist PIC personnel in various capacities.
- Perform quality inspection audits on incoming material.
- Candidate must possess good mathematical aptitude and organizational skills to work at a high level of accuracy.
- Must have good working knowledge of inventory transactions and possess PC skills.
- Individual needs good problem solving and communication skills to interact with personnel at all levels.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and tape measure
- (Desired) 4 year degree in manufacturing/business or 3-5+ yrs of manufacturing experience.
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Normal standing, bending, walking and lifting in an office environment. Must have the ability to communicate at all levels and the ability to function in a dynamic environment.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should apply online to submit a resume in complete confidence.