Under the direction of the Production Manager, the responsibilities of the Service Mechanic position include diagnostic and repair knowledge of service bodies, platform bodies, dump bodies, box trucks, lift gates, hoists, cranes and accessories in accordance with product specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs
- Must be able to repair bodies and equipment following repair order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work-related instruction.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, such as
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical diagrams and hydraulic diagrams
- Prefers working in a team environment
- Works and promotes a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Customer focused, quality minded and productive
- Knowledge of how truck equipment is intended to operate including lift gates, hoists, cranes, PTO’s, PTO driven accessories (air compressors, generators, hydraulic tool circuits).
- Knowledge of how to properly mount truck bodies and accessories.
- Welding experience: Steel MIG Welding, Aluminum welding TIG/MIG
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal
- Basic Computer literacy
- Experience in the truck equipment industry
Education and/or Certification Requirements:
- Hydraulics experiences a plus.
- 12V/low voltage electrical experience
- Trade specific secondary education
- High School diploma or GED
- Able to repeatedly bend at the waist and back, twist and rotate hands, wrists, shoulders, elbows, and forearms.
- Able to grip and grasp repeatedly and operate foot pedals.
- Able to climb to a height of 4 ft. Capable of driving over an extended period of time, up to the maximum allowable times, safely, under a variety of conditions, including night driving.
- Meet all company requirements as outlined in the driver policy.
- Complete any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should apply online to submit a resume in complete confidence.