Under direction of the Distribution Controller, this position will be responsible for performing the general accounting functions for our truck equipment distribution organization. Significant responsibilities will be in the areas of general ledger accounting with some elements of cost accounting, fixed asset accounting, coordination of month-end general ledger closing activities including account and bank reconcilements, and preparation of periodic financial reports and analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in month-end closing process for all locations
- Prepares standard and non-recurring journal entries
- Reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts
- Maintains general ledger chart of accounts
- Assist in preparation of monthly branch and consolidated financial statements, including distributing monthly revenue, expenditure and other performance reports to branches and senior management as needed.
- Initiates monetary transfers as needed in support of cash management activities
- Reconciles monthly bank statements
- Prepares monthly benefit accruals and billing statements
- Assist in preparation of monthly branch allocation statements
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budgets
- Works with store personnel to ensure timely receipt of fixed asset data
- Assists with the fiscal year-end closing activities
- Works with store personnel as needed in support of “Best Practices” strategy
- Provide backup support for Shared Services A/P processing function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Accounting experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment a plus
- Generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Familiarity with multi-branch / department operations
- Experience with integrated business package
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications suite with particular emphasis on MS Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines
- Must be willing to travel to support a geographically dispersed multi-unit organization
Physical/Mental Requirements Needed to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position:
Ability to verbally communicate with individuals and to function in an office environment. Normal standing, walking, bending and lifting of 40 lbs. also required.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, that includes access to free medical care at The Knapheide Family Wellness Center (only applicable to Quincy, IL employees) as well as an opportunity to be part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should APPLY ONLINE to submit a resume in complete confidence.